access CINEMA release Our Children opens in Irish Film Institute and Triskel Christchurch from Friday May 10th
access>CINEMA releases the Belgian drama Our Children (A Perdre La Raison) at the Irish Film Institute, Dublin and Triskel Christchurch Cork from today, May 10th. + more
Japan Anime Weekend 2011 at Chester Beatty Library, Dublin
Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva screens as part of the Japanese Anime Weekend
The Embassy of Japan in Ireland and the Chester Beatty Library will present an Anime Weekend on Saturday August 13th and Sunday August 14th in Dublin.
This year’s programme includes screenings of a number of feature length Japanese anime films as well as the latest in Japanese TV anime series.
The Japan Anime Weekend 2011 will open at 11.00 am on Saturday August 13th with a lecture by the distinguished animator and director, Mr. Jimmy Murakami.
Mr. Murakami is well-known for his works When the Wind Blows and The Snowman and his lecture will include screenings of two of his short films.
Japanese Anime Weekend Programme:
Saturday 13 August 2011
- 11.00: Opening/Lecture by Mr. Jimmy Murakami
- 12.30: Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva - suitable for children
- 14.10: Cos-play session
- 15.00: Eden of the East (Episodes 1-2) - 18 yrs +
- 16.00: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Episodes1-2) - 18 yrs +
- 17.00: Gurren Lagann (Episodes 1-2) - 18 yrs +
- 18.00: Ouran High Host Club (Episodes 1-2) - 18 yrs+
Sunday 14 August 2011
- 13.00: Panda! Go Panda! - suitable for children
- 14.10: Sherlock Hound (English) (Episodes 1-2) - suitable for children
- 15.00: Escaflowne (Episodes 1-2) - 18 yrs +
- 16.00: Soul Eater (Episodes 1-2) 18yrs +
Screenings will be in Japanese with English subtitles unless otherwise indicated, and admission is free with unreserved seating only.
Please note that all titles are unclassified and are therefore subject to conditions, i.e. open to 18 yrs + only. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Further details of the Japan Anime Weekend 2011 are available on the Embassy’s website http://www.ie.emb-japan.go.jp/
For directions to the Chester Beatty Library, please see www.cbl.ie/